Sensory & consumer behavior; implicit and explicit research methods and techniques
The Workshop: sensory & consumer behavior includes basic topics related to sensory science, consumer research and behavioral/ emotion research combined with various exercises/case studies covering practical, real-world scenarios.
The aim of this workshop is to familiarize participants with various, carefully selected, methods, techniques and tools used during the complete journey of new product development and product understanding. We name examples such as product labs, triangle tests, but also observational research and facial expression analysis. Each one of these methods can be helpful in its ‘own right in developing an adequate product business case. During the workshop these methods and much more will be introduced and explained. Furthermore, advices will be given where they could be potentially applied and what benefits they can bring during the product innovation process (product and packaging) covering from ideation phase through market implementation till product withdrawal phase.
The theoretical part
- Basics of sensory analysis, sensory, consumer and behavioral research definitions and terminology
- Proper use of various, carefully selected methods, techniques and tools used in sensory, consumer and behavioral research in the product innovation process, their application and benefits
The practical part
- Actively participate in business case studies in order to apply knowledge gained during theoretical part
- Test tools offered by Noldus such as an eye tracker or FaceReader software
The Product Research Plan
- The combination of sensory analysis methods combined with consumer research and behavioral research
Who should attendThis course is for all involved in product’s innovation process and research, particularly for R&D managers, food technologists, product managers/specialists, category managers/specialists, business unit managers, quality assurance departments, on-site laboratories who would like gain, refresh or broaden their knowledge about various product research tools.
Training location and date30 - 31 March, 2017
About the instructorsXandra van den Linden
Sr. Behavioral Research Consultant
Noldus Information Technology
Although Xandra didn’t envision a life as a scientist and moved away from academic life, she did not move away from the human psyche! From a degree in Psychology, specializing in Neuropsychology, she moved to dabbling in HR for a short period of time, and then revisited the study of human behavior.
Consultant & owner
Consumer Insight Consulting